Scouts Canada Popcorn
Area Popcorn Coordinator – Christina Cook 250 213-3592 email@example.com
Read the Scouts Canada Press Release.
2012 Fall Popcorn Dates
Popcorn Sales Dates:
Groups sell in their designated areas September 1st to October 14th
- All areas open for sales October 15th
- Campaign ends October 28th – groups set a date ahead of this date for youth and parents to get their sales complete and form and money in – give yourself at least a week.
Orders Entered on Trails End System by: October 28th
(no later – if you can’t get it done by this date, ask someone from your Group to help you. Orders cannot be entered on to the system after this date)
Popcorn Pick-Up Date: Thursday November 15th
- Vantreight Farms 8277 Central Saanich Road, Victoria
- Bring your Group Order Invoice from the Trails End system
- You will be contacted by the Area team for your Group’s pick up time. A representative from each group MUST pick up your popcorn order on this date DURING BUSINESS HOURS. (This is our only option – we have no overnight storage option, and it’s a Thursday instead of a Friday to allow for possible ferry cancellations etc.)
Prize Pick Up Date:
Prizes will be delivered with the popcorn
Popcorn Forms due by: November 10th at Scout House
Your Group Cheque is to be received with your popcorn forms by November 10th at Scout House. Plan ahead, get your group check signed by all signatories and have it ready immediately after you submit your order.
If you need help learning the Trails End system – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is enough interest, we’ll run a training session on how to navigate the system and enter orders.
- Ensure each youth who sells to a stranger leaves a ‘thank you’ sheet.
- Ensure each youth knows what to say (scout script) – focus on ‘support me’ or ‘support scouting’ instead of ‘buy popcorn’.
- Make sure each youth and his parent’s know WHY we sell popcorn
- Earn money for the group
- Earn money for Scouts Canada
- Learn to set and work toward goals
- Learn about teamwork and learn about working for something other than ourselves.
- Set Goals – at the group level and even at the section or individual level.
- Take copies of each take order form (at least two copies, one for your records and one to hand back to the youth at the beginning of next year’s campaign)
- Follow up – with recognition for each and every youth who sold popcorn, individually recognize people who made a big effort or sold a lot of popcorn.
You can also use the following documents to help your Popcorn Campaign:
- Group Popcorn Coodinator Manual 2012
- Group Campaign Instructions 2012
- Important Popcorn Dates 2012
- Popcorn Sales Script 2012
- Thank You Form to leave at the door
- CONGRATULATIONS on Reaching $1500.00 Form 2012
- TRAILS END Scholarship Requirements Info Sheet
- TRAILS END Scholarship Form
- GVA Online Popcorn Order Form 2012