Wood Badge 1 - Group Committee
Below are the sessions from a recent Woodbadge Part 1 for Group Commissioners.
These lessons are approved for use by the Council Leadership Team, Area Commissioners, and Trainers within Cascadia Council to provide the mandatory Woodbadge Part 1 Group Commissioner training for Group Commissioners. Once completed please notify DCCTraining.Cascadia@gmail.com.
Note: The Local Environment session is applicable the Vancouver Islands Geographic region. You may need to adjust for the Area pertinent to the Group Commissioner.
Thank you for your efforts
Cascadia Council Commissioner
The links below will allow you to open or save Power Point™ presentations or Adobe™ documents covering the sessions presented during a recent Wood Badge 1 for Group Committee, held in Greater Victoria Area.
- Role and Accountabilities of the Group Commissioner and Group Committee
- Bylaws, Policies and Procedures
- Risk Management
- Local Environment
- Structure and Mission of Scouts Canada
- Planning and Time Management
- Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Conducting a Meeting
- VRAD - What is VRAD and the VRAD Cycle/Process
- VRAD - What is Selective Recruitment
- VRAD - Screening Procedure
- VRAD - Effective Interviewing
- VRAD - Leadership Development
- VRAD - Coaching & Mentoring
- VRAD - Recognition
- Program Delivery
- Commissioner's Guide
- Example Group Committee Meeting Minutes
- Example Group Committee Meeting Agenda
- Scouts Canada VRAD Handbook 2007
- Northern Lights Council VRAD Handbook
- Outstanding Service Award Process (Power Point Presentation)
- Public Relations 101 - A Guide for Volunteers
- WB1 Module 1 - Risk Management