Polar Bear Swim 2013
Come out and take part in the Polar Bear Swim on January 1st. The funds raised from this event will go towards repairs, maintenance, and on-going development at camp. Don’t think about how cold the water of the lake might be on New Years Day, think about insulation for Keego Kitchen? The money from previous year’s swims have funded a new washroom building next to Mor… well worth a few minutes swim in January! The next plan is for 3 hot showers in a new washroom building at Keego!
Not only will you be doing a good turn for Camp, but you get a fabulous BADGE for your campfire blanket. Get your pledge envelope from Scout House as soon as you can. This is an important fundraiser for the camp so don't delay... remember that the shop will be closed after December 15 so pick up your pledge form right away.
Two options for your swim;
- The "Plunge" into the waters will take place at Hamsterly Beach, Elk Lake on January 01, at 2:00pm (get there early for parking).
- Willy has agreed to host a swim at Camp Barnard again this year, and will reserve the right to postpone the swim if conditions dictate. Everyone taking part at camp is responsible for their own first aid.
Ways to support;
- Sponsor someone to take the plunge on January 1st.
- Sponsor someone to not swim… total pledges in the “don’t have to swim column” allows the participant to avoid a refreshing dip in the lake if they want to… but why would they want to do that?
- Challenge others to take part… who can raise the most money to support Camp Barnard?
- Can’t swim? Bring your canoe or kayak out.
- Out of town on January 1st, why not make a direct donation to Camp Barnard or sponsor someone else to swim? Or take the plunge wherever you are!
For further info or a digital version of the pledge sheet contact Penny at 250-704-0309 or firstname.lastname@example.org