Kub Kar Rally 2013
Start Your Engines!
Saturday March 2, 2013 - Kub Kars are back with an exciting new format for 2013.
Qualifications and finals all to take place in one day with exciting new contests for displays to help showcase your efforts!
CONTESTS WILL INCLUDE:
Coolest Car (individual) - Cubs will vote on the coolest car of the day - must be a functional racer entered in the qualifying heats.
Team Livery (team) - show us your pride in your team (pack) by decorating your cars with team colours or other identifying marks.
Sportsmanship (individual or team) - awarded to the cub(s) who demonstrate the spirit of sportsmanship.
Team Spirit (team) - show your team spirit by wearing your team's colours, creating a special cheer for your finalists, waving flags, etc.
NOTE TO LEADERS: As usual this event needs your help, and in particular, your tracks. We ask that if possible each participating pack provide one track and adults to run the qualifying races thereon.
Register now using the registration form and sending it to Scout House. Deadline for completed forms to be returned to Scout House: February 23rd, 2013
Schedule: TRACK SETUP: 9:30 am, REGISTRATION: 10:00 am, RACING: 11:00 - 3:00 pm
REGISTRATION FEE: $6 per youth
LOCATION: Naden Drill Shed @ CFB Esquimalt (off Admiral's Road)
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Kars must pass the following inspection to qualify for the race:
- Must be a Kar that has never been raced at an Area event before.
- Overall width, including wheels, shall not exceed 7 cm (2¾ inches).
- Length shall not exceed 17.8 cm (7 inches).
- Weight shall not exceed 142 g (5 ounces).
- The minimum distance between the wheels is 4.5 cm (1¾ inches).
- Clearance between the chassis and the track should be 0.95 cm (3/8ths of an inch).
- Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the kit.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are not permitted.
- Wheel Shaving is also not permitted.
- No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may, however, be lubricated with powdered graphite lightly by a parent/leader BEFORE RACING BEGINS. Once racing begins, further application of graphite is prohibited.
- The Kar shall not ride on any kind of spring.
- The Kar must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the Kar.
- Once the Kar has been registered and weighed, no modifications will be allowed except to fix Kars that need repairs.