Cub Scout Rally
The Climb to the Summit – There and Back Again
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Packs will all meet at 10 am at the Mt. Bluff trail head at Camp Barnard. We will have a Grand Howl and from there each pack will receive their instructions on what they need to do.
The main activity will be a hike up Mt. Bluff with challenges along the way. At the top you will find the guru to obtain the answers you seek.
To spread groups out, there will be 6 other shorter activities in the Camp area.
Depending on time, there may be a wide game at the end.
The objective will be to earn some of the requirements of the Hiking and Trailcraft Badges.
- There will be a lot of walking no matter the weather
- The packs will be hiking up Mt. Bluff which will take about 3 hours to go up and down. Lunch is to be eaten at the top or on the way if it is getting to be time to eat. Packs are to bring their own lunch.
- There are 6 stations, each ten minutes at camp. The packs will be divided into 7 groups. This means that packs will be going up Mt. Bluff in ten minute intervals. The lower ten minute stations still have to be finished even if your group goes up the mountain first.
Cost: $10.00 per youth ($5 per leader if you want a badge)
When you register indicate:
- A contact leader name
- How many Cubs and Leaders/adults will attend
- How many Cub Rally badges you want to purchase
- We will need at least one person to volunteer from each pack to help. We need to know who this is BEFORE THE EVENT, and we need to be able to communicate with them before hand to tell them what to do. This person may not be able to travel with the pack.
If you have any questions or comments contact James A. S. Legh at email@example.com or call 250.658.0220